Anthralin Coupon and Discount
Anthralin Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Anthralin Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Anthralin CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Anthralin or dithranol cream is a medication that treats a skin disease known as psoriasis for the long term. Anthralin is a man-made version of the natural substance from Goa powder. It does not severe psoriasis disease outbreak or inflamed and irritated skin. Psoriasis is a chronic, relapsing/remitting, common and immune-mediated systemic disease. Psoriasis is characterized by the skin lesions that include the scaly patches, papules, plaques and reddish and they are usually itchy. Psoriasis skin lesions can vary from the minor localized to the complete body coverage. Psoriasis disorder occurs in five types that include plaque, guttate, pustular, inverse, and erythrodermic. Anthralin medication acts by slowing down the growth of the skin cells.
Dosage of Anthralin depends on the individual and the condition being treated. You should always use medication precisely as your doctor prescribes it. Below you will find a typical dosage of Anthralin. For skin
- Clean the affected area completely before applying the cream
- Apply a small amount onto the lesions and rub it gently and carefully
- When you have finished each skin treatment period always rinse the skin completely with some warm water before washing it with soap. Due to frequent treatment the lesion may start turning purplish or brownish but this will end as the treatment goes on.
- Clean your hair thoroughly before applying Anthralin cream.
- Rinse it with water and comb it to remove scaling.
- Apply the cream while your scalp is still damp to the parts affected by lesions and avoid applying it on the parts not affected.
- Remove any medicine that may be behind your ears.
- At the end of each treatment, rinse your hair and scalp completely with some warm water. You can even shampoo your hair and scalp to remove any remaining cream. Wash your hands completely.
Anthralin Side Effects
Like any drug, Anthralin may cause side effects. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, you should contact your doctor immediately. Mild side effects should dissipate with time and do not require medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effect associated with Anthralin. Note that not all possible side effects are listed. Common effects
- Irritation on the skin
- Staining of treated areas
Contact your doctor if you experience the following:
- Severe allergic reactions like rash, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, hives, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Severe skin soreness
- Spreading of lesions
Like any drug, Anthralin may interact with other drugs and substances. Interactions occurs to many drugs when used together with other drugs or even some products. Interactions can cause other complications or effects of one's body and hence should be avoided. One should consult the doctor first and discuss about this drugs and its interaction with other drugs before applying Anthralin to the skin or scalp. The patient should tell the doctor if he or she is under certain other medication. Below you will find a list of drugs that may interact with Anthralin. Note that not all possible interactions are listed.