Nitrodur Coupon and Discount
Nitrodur Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Nitrodur Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Nitrodur CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Nitrodur is used in the prevention of angina pectoris (chest pain) due to coronary artery disease. Nitrodur is also given to patients just before activities that may cause episodes of angina in order to prevent the angina from occurring. Nitrodur belongs to a class of medications called vasodilators. Nitrodur works by relaxing the blood vesselsin the heart (vasodilation) in order to allow for easier blood flow and thus less oxygen consumption. Nitrodur is used by prescription only in patients who have had or may be at risk for a cardiac event (heart attack). Nitrodur may also be used emergently at the first sign of a heart attack.
Dosing of Nitrodur will vary amongst patients. The prescribing doctor's orders and directions on the label should always be followed when taking Nitrodur. The amount of Nitrodur needed depends on the strength, the number of doses taken each day, the time between doses, the length of time taken, and the diagnosis of the patient.
- Nitrodur is administered in patch form. Usual dosage of Nitrodur for adults is 0.2-0.4mg/hr patch for 12-14 hrs/day, remove patch for 10-12 hrs/day. Caution should be exercised when administering Nitrodur to the elderly population. Nitrodur is only recommended for use in adults, not in children.
Nitrodur Side Effects
Along with its needed effects, Nitrodur may cause some unwanted effects. All, some, or none of the possible side effects may occur with the use of Nitrodur A doctor should be consulted with any noted side effects while using Nitrodur.
Commonly reported side effects with the use of Nitrodur include:
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
- worsening chest pain
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- palor (pale skin)
Other side effects beyond those listed may occur while taking Nitrodur, and some side effects may be life-threatening. Medical attention should be sought out if side effects to Nitrodur are suspected.
As with all medications, Nitrodur possesses the ability to interact when given at the same time as other medications.Drug coadministration should be carefully monitored at all times by a physician who can effectively determine the cost-benefit ratios for each patient.
Interactions have been reported in patients taking Nitrodur at the same time as:
- beta blockers such as atenolol (Tenormin), carteolol, labetalol (Trandate), metoprolol (Lopressor), nadolol (Corgard), propranolol (Inderal), sotalol (Betapace), and timolol
- calcium channel blockers such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem), felodipine (Plendil), isradipine (DynaCirc), nifedipine (Procardia), and verapamil (Calan, Isoptin)
- ergot-type medications such as bromocriptine (Parlodel), cabergoline, dihydroergotamine (D.H.E. 45, Migranal), ergoloid mesylates (Hydergine), ergonovine (Ergotrate), ergotamine (Cafergot), methylergonovine (Methergine), methysergide (Sansert), and pergolide (Permax)