About 30 percent of the protein found in the human body is comprised of collagen. In the human body, collagen is the common protein, according to Medical News Today. Collagen can be found in our bones, skin, blood, digestive system, and tendons. Collagen is also responsible for replacing the dead skin cells in our body. As you age, the production of collagen decreases, which results in the formation of wrinkles.
In addition, less collagen can also mean more cellulite and stretch marks. Therefore, it is
Living healthy is believed to reduce aging and wrinkles. Several skin-care products and foods can help maintain and produce collagen and elastin in the dermis. Different skin care products offer collagen and elastic treatments to reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
What You Need To Know about Collagen Creams:
Collagen for the face and body and can be found in all outlet supermarkets, drug
- Improves skin texture and firmness (13% of wrinkles is reduced)
- Reduces cellulite
- Improvement of new hair and growth of nail in both quality and strength
- Improves circulation
- Improves tendon, strength, and flexibility
- Improved recovery from muscle repair and sports injuries
- Increases bone strength
- Improves skin moisture and hydration
- Smoothens joint and ligament flexibility/mobility
- Reduces age spots and gives a lighter/brighter skin appearance
Collagen and elastic products are widely available from many manufacturers. Some dermatologists believe that these products are designed to stimulate maintenance and production in the body. This becomes the best way for older people to benefit from these creams and reap collagen benefits for their skin.
Why Collagen and Elastic Creams Can Fail to Work
There are many companies out there selling skin care products claiming to lift and firm your skin. It sounds convincing but not unless you give it a try, you cannot tell if they are genuine. Have a look at why applying cream or serum may be impossible to work on your face:
- Elastin is the supportive fiber in the body, and it allows your skin to bounce back from damage. Elastin is like the springs in your mattress and collagen is the stuffing, which is backed up by other elements in your body, such as muscles, fat, and cartilage. All of these cannot be facilitated with creams.
- Age and sun damage degrades the skin. Both cause your skin to sag. It's like the mattress springs getting old and beginning to sag. The younger you are, the more you have a lot of elasticity, and the older you get, the more the elasticity you lose.
- Collagen and elastin found in cream products cannot fuse properly with the collagen and elastin found in your skin. It's hard to rebuild or reinforce the structures in your body. Collagen and elastin molecules are too large to penetrate through your skin surface.