Losing hair isn’t fun. And no, we're not talking about a balding man here, but rather, female hair loss. Yes, hair loss affects women too, and the numbers are mind-boggling. Statistics indicate that as many as 21 million American women suffer from hair loss. Common causes include stress, hormonal changes, poor nutrition, and age.
You don’t have to be part of the statistics though, not if you include Viviscal in your hair care regimen. Viviscal is a collection of dietary supplements and hair care products marketed by Lifes2good. The products claim to nourish thinning hair and promote existing hair growth. In return, your strands appear thicker and fuller. And the best part is, all Viviscal products are drug and chemical free.
Even though Viviscal predominantly targets women it has has a separate line of products for men. Here’s what you’ll pay for Viviscal.
- Viviscal Extra Strength Dietary Supplements ($49.99 for a one-month supply of 60 tablets)
- Viviscal Hair Filler Fibers ($12.49)
- Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Conditioner ($19.99)
- Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo ($19.99)
- Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Elixir ($29.99)
- Viviscal Man Dietary Supplements ($49.99 for a one-month supply of 0 tablets)
- Conditioner ($19.99 for 6.7 Fl. oz.)
- Shampoo ($19.99 for 6.7 Fl. oz.)
- Hair Filler Fibers ($29.99 for 0.53 Fl. oz.)
- Hair and Scalp Serum ($29.99 for 2.0 Fl. oz.)
Viviscal's goal is to give your hair the extra strength it needs to stay vibrant. Its makers understand that fuller, healthier hair is essential for creating self-confidence. The dual-action system works on the inside to make your hair beautiful on the outside – all because Viviscal believes that you deserve to “look and feel your best.”
- Variety – There’s an assortment of formulations to choose from depending on your particular need.
- Affordability – It is correct to argue that Viviscal products retail at a reasonable price.
- Safety of use – It is not very often that you’ll find a hair care formula or supplement with no chemicals or drugs.
- The supplements tend to leave a fish aftertaste. Some users don’t like the smell too.
- The results may not be immediate. In some cases, it may take up to 90 days before you can start to experience visible results.
- A section of users says the shampoo irritates the skin but then again that depends on your skin’s sensitivity
Does Viviscal Really Work?
Make no mistake about it; Viviscal products are wildly popular as evidenced by the reviews on their official website. At the time of writing this, the site indicated 3300+ Viviscal reviews and an equally impressive 4.5 overall rating. There were 9500 + Shopper Approved ratings as well.
These independent reviews by real customers are a clear indication that Viviscal products certainly work. Dr. Craig Ziering, a celebrity hair transplant surgeon recommends the supplements, due to their drug-free composition and effectiveness. On her part, Dr. Glynis Ablon, a board-certified dermatologist calls the supplements “an innovative breakthrough.”
There’s also another reason to believe that Viviscal delivers the results it promises. The company behind these products claims that it took 25 years of research and seven clinical studies to formulate them.
One of the trials conducted in 2012 involved ten women aged between 21 to 75 years. Five of the women were assigned Viviscal at random and the rest placed in a placebo group. After six months, significant hair growth was evident in women using Viviscal in comparison to those in the placebo who showed continued hair loss.
Note – even though most Viviscal users report hair growth and less shedding, the company is quick to clarify that it does not guarantee specific results on its official website. It also states that the results may vary.
How Does Viviscal Work?
According to its official website, Viviscal works by revitalizing the scalp which in turn triggers healthy hair growth. In essence, the supplements and hair care products reduce the impact factors such as age, stress, medication, and menopause has on your hair’s growth. By creating the correct environment, Viviscal not only fosters hair growth but also prevents shedding.
Look, you need to eat a healthy diet for hair growth. But, at times, your meal may not have the correct balance of vitamins, proteins or minerals to promote hair growth – and this is where Viviscal comes in. Their supplements provide the nutrients your hair follicle needs to extend the anagen phase. For starters, this is the active growth period of hair follicles.
The supplements nourish the follicles in four stages as outlined below;
- Stage one – Nourishes the follicles from within
- Stage two – Fortifies and encourages the growth of existing hair
- Stage three – Speeds up hair growth even for the hair that has stopped growing
- Stage Four – Makes your hair look fuller, healthier and more vivacious
Viviscal dietary supplements and hair care products are available on their official website.
One more thing, you may choose to join Viviscal Elite, a savings program that allows you to get your supplements for a little as $39.99. Other benefits include free shipping, notifications for special offers and promotions as well as automatic shipment every 90 days.