Desogestrel Coupon and Discount
Desogestrel Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Desogestrel Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Desogestrel CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Desogestrel is made of hormones that are responsible for pregnancy prevention. The two are a progestin and an estrogen. With these two powerful and effective ingredients, Desogestrel allows individuals to plan their families and manage symptoms associated with menstruation. Desogestrel does so by thickening the glands of the vaginal wall thanks to the fluid formed by the two hormones. This makes it hard for the sperms to swim swiftly so as to meet the egg for fertilization. So, the drug simply starts by thickening the fluid that is in form of mucus inside the vagina. To that effect, Desogestrel uses are:
- Birth control
- Eliminates acne
- Treats ovarian cysts
- Reduce blood loss
- Makes periods regular
Dosage of Desogestrel depends on the individual and the condition being treated. Desogestrel should be taken by mouth with/without food as recommended by a medical professional. Desogestrel should be taken at intervals that do not go beyond 24 hours. Prior to administration of Desogestrel, patients should consider the possibility of ovulation and conception. Below you will find a typical dosage of Desogestrel.
- The first white tablet should be taken on the first day (the day that menstruation commences). The white tablet should be taken every day for a period of 21 days, followed by a green tablet for 2 days and a light peach for 5 days.
- For all the following cycles, the patient is supposed to commence a new 28-tablet regimen on the first day of menstruation after the last light peach tablet.
- The patient should use alternative birth control methods for their first 7 days of Desogestrel use.
Desogestrel Side Effects
Like any drug, Desogestrel may cause side effects. If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, you should contact your doctor immediately. Mild side effects should dissipate with time and do not require medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effect associated with Desogestrel. Note that not all possible side effects are listed. Common Desogestrel side effects
- Stomach cramps or bloating
- Changes in appetite
- Breast tenderness or enlargement
- Vaginal spotting or serious bleeding
- Loss of scalp hair
- Changes in weight
Serious Desogestrel side effects
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Persistent or severe headache or dizziness
- Severe allergic reaction
- Bloody diarrhea
- Mood or mental changes
- Severe tenderness or pain in the stomach area
- Breast lumps, pain or discharge
- Calf or leg pain, redness, tenderness or swelling
- Bulging eyes
- Vision changes
- Coughing up blood
- Chest pain
- Painful or frequent urination
- Missed menstrual period
- Swelling of hands, ankles, fingers or legs
- Shortness of breath
- Symptoms of heart attack
- Symptoms of liver problems
- Symptoms of stroke
- Vaginal discharge, itching, odor
- Trouble sleeping
There are quite a number of drugs that interact with Desogestrel. Though the idea of drugs blending with others is welcome, it is not always prudent. Drug interactions can also cause serious side effects. Therefore, before using any drug the doctor should be told of what other drugs the patient is using. The following list provides some of the drugs that interact with Desogestrel. However, the list is not complete.
- Grisactin 500
- Fulvicin U/V