Diazoxide Coupon and Discount
Diazoxide Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Diazoxide Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Diazoxide CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Diazoxide use is widely prescribed for the treatment of a condition known as hyperinsulinism. This means Diazoxide is used to treat very low blood sugar levels in patients, a condition known in medical terms as hypoglycemia. Insulin lowers blood sugar in the body. Diazoxide works by preventing the release of insulin into the body, thereby resulting in increased blood sugar levels. Diazoxide medicine should not be used to treat hypoglycemia that results from poor diet and nutrition. In some cases, doctors may prescribe Diazoxide for purposes not listed here.
Diazoxide dosage should be prescribed by a doctor and patients are advised to take Diazoxide exactly as prescribed. Diazoxide is a prescription only medicine which means it is only available with a physician's prescription.
- The recommended Diazoxide dosage for the treatment of hypoglycemia due to insulin levels is 3 mg/kg per day.
- The typical dose range is from 3 to 8 mg/kg per day. However, as the Diazoxide dosage gets higher, chances of side effects increases.
- Diazoxide doses for pediatric and geriatric patients may vary and will depend on factors such as age, weight, medical history and response to treatment.
Diazoxide Side Effects
As with many other drugs and medicines, patients using Diazoxide may suffer a number of side effects and allergic reactions. However, these will not occur in all patients, and different patients will be affected differently. Some of the more common Diazoxide side effects include;
- Fluid retention in the body
- Swollen limbs and face
- Increase weight gain associated with fluid retention
- Heart failure in infants due to water retention as it may result in heart failure
- Increased hair growth on the face, back, legs and arms
- Skin rashes
- Decrease in red blood cells count
- Diarrhea, vomiting
- Dizziness, nausea
- Scalp hair loss
- Loss of taste
- Abdominal pain
- Anorexia, heart palpitations
Patients who experience any serious side effects of Diazoxide allergy reactions should seek immediate medical attention at the nearest health facility. Patients with mild or moderate Diazoxide side effects that do not go away should consult their doctor.
Drug interactions may affect the way a drug works and may result in an allergic reaction. Diazoxide interaction with other products or drugs may render it ineffective. Patients should endeavor to list down all the products, drugs and medicines they may be currently using and then share this list with their doctor. The list can include all prescription, nonprescription and herbal medicines as well as products such as steroids, nutritional and dietary supplements and so on. Doctors check Diazoxide interactions against medicines, products, diseases and others including;