Foscarnet Coupon and Discount
Foscarnet Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Foscarnet Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Foscarnet CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Foscarnet is a world class antiviral agent with the ability to manage very severe forms of cytomegalovirus retinitis with a quantifiable drug resistance. Other than this Foscarnet has also been indicated in the treatment of HSV (Herpes Simplex Virus) mucocutaneous and skin infections that have been proven to be resistant to Ganciclovir or Acyclovir. Foscarnet is reserved for salvage therapy for people living with Aids. Foscarnet can also be used according to the doctor's preference in other viral infections caused by low immunity. Foscarnet can only be used in a hospital setup as only intravenous preparations are available. Below you will find the uses of Foscarnet.
- Cytomegalovirus infection
Dosage of Foscarnet depends on the individual and the condition being treated. You should always take medication precisely as your doctor prescribes it. Foscarnet is an intravenous infusion and will be administered and monitored by your healthcare professional. Foscarnet infusions should run 90-120 minutes to avoid adverse effects. Doses should be adjusted according to the degree of kidney damage. Below you will find a typical dosage of Foscarnet. Cytomegalovirus Retinitis
- Adults: Induction therapy, 90 mg/ kg IV 12 hourly OR 60 mg/ kg IV every 8 hours
- Maintenance dose, 90-120 mg/ kg IV every 24 hours in divided doses.
- Children: Induction, 60 mg/ kg IV every 8 hours
- Maintenance, 90-120 mg/ kg IV every 12 hours.
- Adolescent: Induction, 90 mg/ kg IV 12 hourly OR 60 mg/ kg IV every 8 hours
- Maintenance, 90-120 mg/ kg IV every 24 hours.
Herpes Simplex Infections
- Adults: Induction dose, 40 mg/ kg IV every 8-12 hours
- Children: 40 mg/ kg IV every 8 hours OR 60 mg/kg IV every 12 hours
- Adolescent: 40 mg/ kg IV every 8-12 hours
- 14-21 days of therapy are needed for herpes simplex treatment.
- Adults: 90 mg/ kg IV 12 hourly for 14-21 days.
- Children: 40-60 mg/ kg IV every 8 hours for 7-10 days
- Adolescent: 90 mg/ kg IV every 12 hours
Foscarnet Side Effects
Like any drug, Foscarnet may cause side effects. If you experience severe or persistent side effects, you should contact your doctor. Mild side effects should dissipate with time and do not require medical attention. Below you will find a list of side effects associated with Foscarnet. Note that not all possible side effects are listed.
- Increased/decreased urinary frequency
- Muscle spasms
- Tingling sensation about the mouth
- Body malaise
- Pain at the injection site
- Mouth, penis, vulva or throat sores
- Abdominal discomfort
- Altered state of consciousness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Lack of appetite
- Peripheral neuritis associated with pain
- Lower abdominal pain
Interactions are common with Foscarnet use. It is important to consult your physician if an additional drug is needed outside your medication. This is because the drugs mentioned below may alter the effectiveness of Foscarnet or even cause harm. Note that these are not all the medications or substances that counteract with Foscarnet.