Guaifenesin Coupon and Discount
Guaifenesin Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Guaifenesin Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Guaifenesin CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It works to loosen congestion in the chest, head and throat. This allows coughs to become more productive, removing mucus from the body. It is an over the counter drug. Guaifenesin does not treat the cause of congestion, but it can aid in reducing the length of time an individual experiences symptoms. Below you will find the uses of guaifenesin.
- Nasal congestion
- Sinus congestion
Dosage of guaifenesin depends on the individual taking it and the severity of the congestion they are treating. Guaifenesin is meant to be taken as needed. However, you should only consume so much of it in a day, as overdoses can occur. The drug comes in both immediate release and sustained release formulations. Below you will find a typical dosage of guaifenesin.
Immediate release pills or liquid
- Under two years: 12 mg per kg of body weight, divided in six equal doses
- 2 to 5 years: 50 to 100 mg every four hours as needed; maximum 600 mg daily
- 6 to 11 years: 100 to 200 mg every four hours as needed; maximum 1200 mg daily
- 12 years and older: 200 to 400 mg every four hours as needed; maximum 2400 mg daily
Sustained release tablets
- 2 to 5 years: 300 mg every 12 hours; maximum 600 mg daily
- 6 to 11 years: 600 mg every 12 hours; maximum 1200 mg daily
- 12 years and older: 600 to 1200 mg every 12 hours; maximum 2400 mg daily
Guaifenesin Side Effects
Like any other drug, guaifenesin can cause a range of side effects. Typically, guaifenesin side effects are mild. However, if you experience severe or persistent side effects, you should contact your doctor. You should drink a lot of water while taking guaifenesin, as this can reduce the risk of side effects. Below you will find a list of common side effects. Note that not all possible side effects are listed here.