Haloperidol Coupon and Discount
Haloperidol Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Haloperidol Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Haloperidol CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Haloperidol is an antipsychotic drug that is used to treat a variety of mental disorders. Since, it is a prescription only drug, its use and handling must be exactly as advised by your psychiatrist. Do not use the medicine for any other symptom than what your doctor prescribed it for. Haloperidol is used in the treatment of following:
- Schizophrenia- a disabling mental condition which is characterized by auditory hallucinations, inactivity, false beliefs, etc.
- Certain mood disorders
- Controlling aggressive behavior and suicidal tendencies
- Treating hyperactive children who are not responding to psychotherapy or other medicines
- Verbal or motor tics in Tourette disorder.
- Agitation and severe anxiety
- Unexplainable hiccups
Your doctor may prescribe the medicine for any other symptoms as well. Haloperidol is a prescription only drug and must be used exactly as advised by your doctor.
Haloperidol is prescribed for various mental as well as physical conditions, therefore, it is important that you take it exactly as advised by your doctor. The strength and frequency of your dose will depend on your particular condition, so, do not change it on your own. The average dosage of the medicine for mental conditions is as follows:
- Adults: 0.5 to 5 milligrams 2-3 times a day in the beginning. After the initial dose, your doctor may adjust your dose as needed.
- Older adults: 0.5 to 2 milligrams 2-3 times a day at first. The dose will be adjusted by your doctor as needed after the initial dosage.
The dose, however, must not be more than 100 mg a day.
- Children: For children between the age of 3 to 12 years, the dose is given based on the weight and must be determined by your doctor. The dose, however, must not be more than 6 mg a day.
- For children below 3 years: The dose must be determined by your doctor.
In case of a missed dose, take it as soon as your remember it. If, however, the time for the next dose is approaching, leave this dose and take the next one. Do not take double dose in any case.
Haloperidol Side Effects
As with every medicine, there are some side effects that come up along with the intended benefits of Haloperidol. However, it must be noted that Haloperidol does not produce side effects in everyone or of the same strength. It is important that you discuss with your doctor all possible side effects of the medicine before your treatment begins. Given here are some of the common side effects of Haloperidol:
- Dry mouth
- Sleep trouble
- Difficulty in urination
- Loss of appetite
- Blank facial expression
- Uncontrolled movement of the eye
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Pain in or enlargement of breast (in females)
- Uncontrolled movements of arms or legs
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
Haloperidol is contraindicated with a few physical problems and interacts with a range of drugs. It is important that you discuss with your doctor about all the medicines that you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription as well as herbal supplements. Haloperidol is contraindicated with:
- Previous known incidence of alcohol intoxication
- Known heart problems
- Severe depression of the central nervous system
- Known allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of Haloperidol
Common drugs that interact with Haloperidol include: