Metformin Coupon and Discount
Metformin Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Metformin Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Metformin CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Metformin is used to treat individuals suffering from Type II Diabetes. The drug is used to help control blood sugar levels. To begin with, it prevents the liver from producing too much sugar. In addition, it increases the body's sensitivity to insulin, a hormone that carries sugar out of the blood and delivers it to cells. When taking Metformin, you will need to check your blood sugar level frequently.
Below you will find the different types of conditions that can be treated by using Metformin:
- Type II Diabetes
The dosage for Metformin will vary depending on the individual. Metformin must be taken with meals. It is taken at the same time each day unless otherwise indicated. If you miss a dose, do not double the nest dose. The correct dose of Metformin varies and must be monitored by a healthcare provider.
- Adults: A typical beginning dosage of Metformin is 500 mg twice a day. Depending on the effect of this dose, the healthcare provider may decide to increase the dose to three times per day. Typically, daily Metformin should not exceed 2,550 mg per day, or 3 doses of 850 mg.
- Children: A typical beginning dosage of Metformin for children is 500 mg twice a day. The healthcare provider may increase the dose. Typically, daily Metformin for children should not exceed 2,000 mg per day.
Metformin Side Effects
While taking metformin, individuals may experience various side effects. In severe cases, these side effects may be a sign of serious medical conditions such as metabolic acidosis and renal dysfunction. You should discuss all possible side effects with your healthcare provider. If you begin to experience any of these side effects, consult a doctor or seek immediate medical attention. Below is a list of side effects you may experience with metformin. Note that this list does not include all possible side effects.
- muscle pain
- stomach pain
Combining other medications with Metformin may cause serious side effects. Discuss your other medications with your doctor before taking Metformin. Many drugs can interact with Metformin and result in dangerous side effects. Some of these drugs are:
- Heart Medications (Amlopidine, Diltiazem, Felodipine,Verapamil ,Cimetidine, Digoxin, Morphine)
- Corticosteroids (Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, Betamathasone)
- Diuretics (Furosemide, Bumetanide)
- Anti-epileptics (Dilantin)