Mitoxantrone Coupon and Discount
Mitoxantrone Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Mitoxantrone Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Mitoxantrone CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Mitoxantrone uses are for treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis symptoms, advanced prostate cancer, and acute nonlymphocytic leukemia. It is for intravenous use only. Mitoxantrone is an antineoplastic agent that is thought to interfere with the growth and reproduction of cells, and helps reduce the number of cancer cells in the body. With steroid medications, this injection is used to relieve the pain caused by advanced prostate cancer, and has not responded to other medications anymore. Together with other medications, mitoxantrone injection is used to treat ANLL. There may also be some mitoxantrone uses that the doctor will determine and prescribe.
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Nonlymphocytic Leukemia
Mitoxantrone comes in injectable form, and it is directly given into the vein by a healthcare professional. The medication should not be given via the spinal canal as there are some reported effects of coma and paralysis, as well as bowel and bladder problems. Administration of the medication should be done carefully as it may damage the muscle or skin if leaked into the surrounding tissue.
- For multiple sclerosis, recommended Mitoxantrone dosage is 12 mg/m2 every three months
- For hormone-refractory prostate cancer - 12 to 14 mg/m2 every 21 days
- For ANLL in adults: For induction - 12 mg/m2 from day 1 to 3. If response is incomplete, a second induction course may be given For consolidation - 12 mg/m2 from day 1 and 2.
- Mitoxantrone dosage is usually given at the hospital, clinic or doctor's office. When it is necessary for the patient to do it himself at home, he should follow the procedures taught by the doctor.
Mitoxantrone Side Effects
As much as the patient could benefit from Mitoxantrone when it comes to treating cancer, the body may not respond to the drug as expected, resulting to Mitoxantrone side effects. Some Mitoxantrone side effects are listed below. Note, not all side effects are listed.
- Stomach upset or pain
- Back pain
- Blue-green urine
- Hair thinning or loss
- Loss of appetite or of menstrual period
- Bluish-colored whites of the eyes
- Menstrual changes
- Mouth sores or pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Itching, pain, redness, burning or blue discoloration
- Severe blood disorders
- Suppression of bone marrow
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Severe or fatal heart problems
There are reported mitoxantrone interactions with medical conditions and other drugs. Patients should tell their doctor if they are taking dietary supplements, herbal products, vitamins, other medicines, pregnant or breastfeeding, or have allergies to foods. Below are some of the drugs which can result to some mitoxantrone interactions: