Pentamidine Coupon and Discount
Pentamidine Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Pentamidine Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Pentamidine CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Pentamidine is an antiprotozoal agent whose work is to treat pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia. It can also be used for other purposes, but the directive should come from your doctor or your healthcare provider. Pentamidine is also used to prevent or to treat other conditions that are caused by protozoa. It is not yet known how Pentamidine works to treat pneumonia as this is a very serious kind of pneumonia. Pentamidine is also used to treat and prevent leishmaniasis and trypanosomiasis. It is also used for treating Pneumocystis pneumonia prophylaxis. It is important to seek medical advice before taking Pentamidine for proper guidance on the benefits of the drug and the risks involved with taking it.
- Leishmaniasis and trypanosomiasis
Pentamidine dosage is dependent on the individual that it is being administered to. The following dosage is an average dose and could differ among individuals. Follow your medical professional's directions for best results.
- The usual adult dose for pneumocystis pneumonia should be 4 mg/kg IM or IV once a day for 14 to 21 days according to the manufacturer's recommendation. Centers for Disease Control and prevention recommendation should be 3 to 4 mg/kg IV once a day for 21 days.
- The usual adult dose for Pneumocystis pneumonia prophylaxis should be 300 mg administered via the respirgard(R) II nebulizer every 4 weeks. Prophylactic therapy should be continued as long as the patient is at risk for pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia.
- The usual adult dose for Leishmaniasis should be 2 to 3 mg/kg IM or IV once a day or every second day for 4 to 7 days.
- The usual adult dose for pneumocystis pneumonia is 4 mg/kg IM or IV once a day for 14 to 21 days.
- The usual pediatric dose for Leishmaniasis should be 2 to 3 mg/kg IM or IV once a day for 4 to 7 doses.
Pentamidine Side Effects
Pentamidine has its side effects like all other drugs although not all of them have been reported. If any of these side effects occur while taking Pentamidine, check with your doctor immediately. More common:
- chest pain or congestion
- difficulty in breathing
- skin rash
- difficulty in swallowing
- nausea and vomiting
- pain in the upper abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
- severe pain in the chest
- sudden and severe shortness of breath
Rare with daily treatment doses only:
- cold sweats
- cool, pale skin
- decreased urination
- stomach pain
- unusual tiredness
- loss of appetite
- increased hunger
Research shows that a total of 341 drugs is known to interact with pentamidine. These drugs are clinically major, moderate and minor. Below are some of the interactions: