Valganciclovir Coupon and Discount
Valganciclovir Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Valganciclovir Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Valganciclovir CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Valganciclovir Manufacturer Savings Programs
Patient Assistance Programs (PAPS) or Manufactures Saving Programs (MSP's) are types of programs that are usually sponsored by the drug manufacturer so as to provide discounted and free drugs to low income earners.Valganciclovir Manufacturerer offers printable coupons, savings cards, rebate and trial offers to enable you afford this drug without too much hassle.This assistance program is for both the generic verison(valganciclovir hcl tablets) as well as the branded versions of this drug(Valcyte)
View Valganciclovir Manufacturer Rebates
Apart from treating cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with HIV, Valganciclovir is also applied in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). CFS is a common name used to describe a group of medical conditions which are characterized by fatigue which can last for a minimum of six months.
Valganciclovir is also used to treat Human Herpesvirus 6 (HH-6) a viral disease which consists of Human Herpesvirus 6A and Human Herpesvirus 6B. In patients suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, Valganciclovir has been found to increase the survival rate of the patient to a maximum of 2 years. Glioblastoma multiforme is a malignant brain tumor characterized by seizures, memory loss, hemiparesis, neurological deficit and severe headaches.
- cytomegalovirus (CMV) retinitis in patients with HIV
- herpesvirus 6
- glioblastoma multiforme
Take exactly as given by your physician. Never take in smaller or larger doses or beyond the recommended period. Always adhere to the guidelines on your drug label. Take valganciclovir together with food. Valganciclovir capsules are for children or adults, but valganciclovir liquid is recommended only for children. Adults shouldn't take the oral option or the dosage may not be correct.
- Adults should begin treatment at two doses of 900mg for period of 21 days. Following that period, your doctor may adjust dosage to 900mg once a day
Valganciclovir Side Effects
The use of Valganciclovir has been found to cause moderate to severe side effects and hence proper diagnosis and administration of the drug should be done with utmost care. This is because; Valganciclovir has been found to lower all types of blood cells thereby undesirable interactions with anticoagulants. The side effects are as follows;
Blood in urine or stools
- Blurred vision
- Pale skin
- Widespread red spots on the skin
- Difficulty in urinating which may be accompanied by pain
- Increased cases of nervousness
- Black and tarry stools
- Slow throat
- Tachycardia and Bradycardia
- Ulcers, white spots in the mouth accompanied by sores
- Shaking and trembling of hands and legs even when at rest
- Lower back and side pain
- Pounding in the ears
- Troubled breathing accompanied by exertion
- Unusual bleeding and bruising
- Seeing floating objects and sparks of lights before the eyes
There are possible drug interactions with Valganciclovir which are of significance to both the AIDS treating health practitioner and the transplant doctor. Valganciclovir has been found to interact with the following drugs.
- The mixture of Zidovudine and Valganciclovir has been found to cause neutropenia and anemia Probenecid and Valganciclovir have been found to cause ganciclovir toxicity.
- When Didanosine and Valganciclovir are used together, Didanosine toxicity occurs.
- The use of Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) and Valganciclovir in patients suffering from renal impairment leads to an increase of MMF metabolites and ganciclovir.