Voltaren Coupon and Discount
Voltaren Discount Coupon - Save Up To 75%* Off!
The free Rebates.com Voltaren Coupon and Discount Card can save you up to 75%* off your prescription prices. All you have to do is print the coupon and bring it to the pharmacy to receive the benefits of our drug discount program. This coupon is not insurance and is not valid in combination with any government-sponsored drug plans.Voltaren CouponAverage Savings:75%* Off
Voltaren Manufacturer Savings Programs
First you need to get a savings card, then activate it. You can save up to $30 after making the first initial pay of $30 for the next 12 prescriptions.
View Voltaren Manufacturer Rebates
Diclofenac, the active component of Voltaren, has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. The analgesic part is due to the fact that it reduces the pain sensations by inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandin. It is able to accomplish this by inhibiting the synthesis of cyclooxygenase (COA). Voltaren also has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduces the inflammation effects by inhibiting the lipoxygenase pathway. This pathway is essential for the synthesis of leukotrienes (autacoids), which are essential for the inflammation effects in the body.
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Menstrual cramps
- Actinic keratosis
- Chronic Childhood Arthritis
- Eyes sensitive to light
However, though Voltaren has shown significance in the management of the above mentioned illnesses, it should not be used in a patient who has peptic ulcer disease or an underlying heart disease. Using Voltaren with a bleeding disorder is fatal.
It is important to follow your doctor's instructions when it comes to taking Voltaren. This will determine whether this drug will give the desired results. The Voltaren dosage given is dependent on your prior response to medication and the medication that you are taking concurrently. You should consult with your doctor before making any dosage changes in order to reduce the chances of getting serious side effects.
Voltaren dosage is given as follows:
- Adults: 50mg P.O taken every 8-12 hourly OR 75mg P.O every 24 hours.
- Doses should not go beyond 150mg every 24 hours.
- Adults: 25mg P.O every 6 hourly, then 25mg before bedtime if convenient.
Abdominal Cramps Secondary to Painful Menses:
- Adults: 50mg P.O taken every 8 hourly OR an initial dose of 100mg, then 50mg.
- Doses should not go beyond 150mg on day 1 of therapy.
- Adults: 50mg P.O 8 hourly OR an initial dose of 100mg P.O then 50mg after 12 hours.
- Doses should not go beyond 150mg in day 1 of therapy.
- Children: 2-3mg/ kg body weight every 24 hours in divided doses preferably every 6-12 hours.
- Doses should not exceed 200mg every 24 hours
- 50mg stat
Voltaren Side Effects
Side effects are a normal occurrence when you take medication since your body is still getting used to the changes. The side effects should not take a long while to wear off, but if they do seek immediate medical attention. Voltaren like any other drug has side effects and the common side effects are as follows;
- Stomach upsets
If these symptoms persist make sure you seek immediate medical attention. The serious side effects are as follows;
- Stomach upsets
In case, these symptoms show immediately see a doctor.
Drug interactions can alter the mechanism of action of Voltaren. It is important that you let your doctor know of any other drugs that you are taking be it prescription or nonprescription because these interactions can either cause serious side effects or reduce Voltaren's efficacy. Others might increase the rate at which Voltaren is excreted from the body. Voltaren has the following interactions;
- ACE inhibitors e.g captopril
- Corticosteroids like prednisone
- Diuretics e.g furosemide
- Antiplatelet drugs like clopidogrel
- Anticoagulants like warfarin
- Other NSAIDs they will increase the side effects since they resemble Voltaren in their mode of action.
It is not advisable to change how you take the drug without consulting with your doctor, this will help you reduce the risks of getting serious complications.